The purpose of making quarterly goals is to look at things in chunks of time and what you would like to accomplish in that smaller chunk of time vs. an entire year. This helps to break up your goals and make them more manageable and therefore you’re more likely to be successful!
This year I will be making quarterly goals. That way, I can change, keep, make new ones as I go. Many of the YouTubers and writers I follow do this and it seems to work for them. So with a new year upon us, it’s time to see if the Quarterly Goals thing works for me.
Amanda’s Nose in a Book – Quarterly Goals for Jan – March 2017
- Edit one chapter of The Girl in the Glass Coffin each week
- Revise one chapter of The Source Chronicles: Book one, each week (and maybe finish draft 2).
- Query 2 agents a week with TGGC
- Read one book a week
Sounds like a lot, huh? Well I’m pretty flexible and if I manage two chapters in one week and not all of one the next, I will be okay.
The purpose of these quarterly goals for me are to keep writing, keep pushing on, to get out of that rut I’ve been in for a while.
And then there are some personal/non writing related quarterly goals:
- Post to Bookstagram at least four times a week
- Blog at least once a week
- Exercise 3 times a week
- Use my planners to keep track of when I exercise, blog, IG, write, etc.
- Do 3 new things that I’ve never done before (can be anything– traveling somewhere new, trying a new recipe, going out of my comfort zone).
What do you all think of my goals? Do you think making quarterly goals (short-term goals) would help you achieve your overall goals?
Hope all is well. Much love from this snowy little winter wonderland in Central New York!