Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to us by the fabulous people at The Broke and The Bookish. Haven’t checked them out yet? You should! This weeks theme is one of my favorites so far, Top Ten Reasons I love being a blogger and reader. While there are probably a million and a half reasons why I love what I do, here are the biggest ten!
1. I love having so many people to talk about books with!
Usually it’s me talking someone’s ear off about books they really don’t give a crap about. But I have met so many people via my blog and social media who are more than happy to chat about books with me.
2. The Community
This kind of goes hand-in-hand with number 1, but it’s awesome to be able to recommend and discuss books with other bloggers and readers.
3. It gives me an excuse to buy more books.
And is a justification to my little book-buying “problem.”
4. It gives me more reasons to escape in a book.
Because sometimes “my life and job bore the hell out of me” just isn’t enough.
5. It gets me out there, talking to readers & writers.
As a reader and writer myself, it’s an amazing way to connect with other people who are interested in the same things you are.
(I had to put in David Tennant’s face somewhere 😉 )
6. I get so many book recommendations from bloggers & readers.
Meaning my TBR list is huge! And I love it like that!
7. Book are my favorite thing in the whole world.
And I love spreading that love.
8. Because so many people think it’s uncool to read. They couldn’t be more wrong.
Books are magical.
9. Blogging and reading is something that I can actually look forward to.
And I do. Sometimes I wait all day at work til my lunch break or until I come home to write a post or dive right back into the book I was reading. Sometimes I would rather be doing this than my actual job!
10. I have met so many amazing, wonderful people through blogging and reading.
It’s probably a restatement of things I have mentioned before, but it’s the people that truly make blogging worth it for me. I love being able to connect with, talk to, and become friends with people from all over the world. People who I can talk with about the things that I am passionate about.
What are your favorite reasons for reading or blogging?