What I'm Reading and Writing Wednesday!

whatimreadingandwritingwednesday

Let’s start with what I’m up to, shall we? I officially suck at blogging this month, and at the A-Z challenge (oh yeah and at Camp NaNoWriMo too). In the beginning of the month I went to visit my friend Tracy, which was wonderful and much needed. The day I was to travel home, I received a call saying that there was a death in the family. Needless to say, the whole next week was preparing for services and the services themselves. The week after, my desktop at home decided to shit the bed. Therefore, I haven’t had much opportunity to blog or even work on my Camp NaNo novel.

tumblr_m2zbcakAp71qf9d9no1_r3_500What I’m Reading…

Since I last updated, I’ve read the following books…

I will hopefully be reviewing each of these books within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I will have time to use a computer for long enough to keep you posted until I can buy a new laptop or get a new processor for my old desktop.

I am currently reading:

I am still reading We Are Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler. It is a very good book so far, but it is so different from what I usually read that it is taking me longer than usual to read it. I am also reading Cress by Marissa Meyer because I just couldn’t wait any longer and I bought it for my e-reader. I also recieved a copy of Brooklyn Skye’s new YA release, Fragile Line which I will hopefully be reading very soon as well.

What I’m Writing:

I am still plugging away at the revisions of my novel. I realized not long after beginning Camp NaNoWriMo that my book needed a lot of work. So I have been trying to keep what was good or decent, develop those things, and go with that. Eek. This not having a computer to use at home thing is driving me batty though, so hopefully I can do something about it soon.

What are you reading this week?

0 thoughts on “What I'm Reading and Writing Wednesday!

Thank you Chrissi. It’s been such a crazy month that any plans for blogging and writing kind of went by the wayside.
      I haven’t really started Cress yet, but I couldn’t put it off any longer.

1. hotteaandagoodbook says:

I’m half way through insurgent but my daughter pried it away from me! I”m also looking forward to reading Smoke and Bone! I keep seeing this one everywhere and it sounds like something I’d enjoy.

My Nano book has been put on hold. Too much going on this month. Maybe summer will be better.

Sorry to hear about the tough week. Good luck laptop shopping.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone was amazing… I can’t even begin to talk about how much I loved it right now because I am still processing.
      I wish I had more time and motivation to work on my NaNo book. I still want to work on this one and write, but I think I am going to give Camp a try again in July with a new story.
      Thanks. A new lap top is necessary right now.

Thanks :).
      I am going to have to update at work, from the library, using Matt’s computer (when I by chance find a brief moment when he’s not using it), and when I can use my tablet to write it (which is a pain sometimes).

I look forward to catching up with your posts.

2. dianatierney3 says:

I am actually reading 3 books at the moment, Climbing the mango trees which I have to read for my book club by Friday. The unaccustomed earth by jumpha Lahiri and the shipping news…

Wow. I would struggle to juggle three books at a time, although sometime I take a break from the book I am reading to read another book (and then get back to the first one when I’m done with the second). They have to be very different books though, otherwise they run together and I get confused.

• dianatierney3 says:

Lol I usually don’t read more than 2. I am taking a break from the shipping news. The unaccustomed earth is basically a collection of short stories and I thought I had more time to get to the mango trees book so I kept putting it off. That one is non fiction

That makes sense then 🙂
          I have been trying to read We Are Completely Beside Ourselves for a couple of weeks now. I like it, but it’s not what I would typically read or write, so taking a break to read something that is more my style before finishing it has worked so far!

Thank you so much. I hope that things start to look up again for me sometime soon too.
      I love The Lunar Chronicles so far, so I hope that Cress lives up to the other two!

I will check out your WWW!