No one tagged me in this one, but I thought that I would give it a try anyway (it looks fun).
What are your top three book pet hates?
1. When people borrow my books and don’t give them back.
2. Overly-whiny main characters
Describe your perfect reading spot.
I have a couple depending on what time of year it is and where I am.
1. I love reading in the park close by the office I work in. I like sitting on the grass with a bottle of water or iced tea and a snack and escaping into another world while I’m on lunch.
2. The other is the corner piece to our sectional. It’s huge and ancient and doesn’t match anything, but it is so comfy and you sink right down into it. Basically, it’s perfection.
Tell us three book confessions.
1. I am really not that big a fan of contemporary romance books. There are a couple of contemporary romance YA books that I’ve read and enjoyed, but many just don’t keep my interest. I like romance in the books I read, but I prefer it when there is more to the story.
2. I have books on my bookshelf that I bought back when I was in college— and still haven’t read yet. *hides*
3. I tried to go on a book buying ban a while back— and it lasted 3 days before I caved and bought books.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
I really don’t remember… but you should know that I am a crier. A huge crier. So it happens quite often.
How many books are on your bedside table?
Right now, only the one that I’m currently reading (but I carry it all over the place with me). But at any one time there has been as many as 5 books on my nightstand.
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
I love drinking coffee, tea, or cocoa while I am reading. When I’m at home I try to snack healthy (fruit, veggies, or yogurt), but get me in a coffee shop/bakery and I love all sorts of baked goods while I read.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Everything and anything.
Books mean everything to me and I will read anything i can get my hands on (or at least give it a shot). I’ve always been that way 🙂
What is your biggest reading secret?
Biggest secret? I don’t think I have any! I’m an open book.
Who I’m Tagging:
and you!!! If I haven’t tagged you and you would like to give this a try, send me a link to yours! I would love to see what you have to say 🙂