I was nominated earlier this week for the Very Inspiring Blogger award by Drown in Melancholy!
Thank you so much for nominating my blog for this award. It makes me so happy to know that you enjoy my posts! You should definitely check out her blog! She reviews books, films and blogs about a variety of different things. She keeps her blog fresh and fun 🙂
Here are the rules for this blogger award:
1.Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2.List the rules and display the award.
3.Share seven facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5.Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Facts About Me:
1. I hate shoes! I am one of the very few ladies I know who owns very few pair of shoes (only the necessary ones). The thing is that I always prefer my feet to be as bare as possible (especially during the warmer months). So I will be sporting flip flops all summer if i have to wear shoes anywhere.
2. I’m from Oswego, NY. It’s a little college town on Lake Ontario with beautiful sunsets. I have lived here nearly my whole life (minus about 6 months that I lived in Potsdam). It has beautiful springs, summers, and autumns, however winters are brutal. I look forward to the day when I can move away from here and the umpteen feet of snow we get each winter.
3. I’ve been trying to walk 3 miles a day at least 5 days a week. Since I’ve been doing this I feel so much better about everything. It’s so relaxing and great me time to think about my novel and daydream, plus it’s great exercise!!! I have walked 65 miles in the past 3 weeks 🙂
4. Other than reading and writing, one of my favorite hobbies is crochet. Its such a relaxing hobby, but I need a break from it. I just did a craft show where I had a bunch of crochet stuffed animal critters.
5. I’m a total “city” girl and grew up in the city of Oswego (even though it is a very small city). Now I’m living in the country outside Oswego and it’s actually growing on me. I like how quiet it is and how much space we have, but I miss being able to walk everywhere I go.
6. I try to read and/or write every day. It’s one of those routines that I got myself into and really enjoy. Like my daily walks, I look forward to that time, even if it is only 15 minutes.
7. I worked in an ice cream shop for 8 years (seasonal summer work) all though high school and my undergraduate years of college. It was definitely a fun experience and I hope to draw some of those experiences into a YA book that I started writing and then set to the side a couple of years ago.