Happy Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, brought to us by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is Top Ten Childhood Favorites I’d like to revisit.
10. Holes by Louis Sachar
9. Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
This story is still as heartwarming to me now as it was the first time a teacher read it to me.
7. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
6. The Witches by Roald Dahl
My 3rd grade teacher read this book out loud to us and ever since, it’s been one of my favorite Roald Dahl books. I’ve read it a handful of times since, but am hoping to find time to revisit this book in the future to enjoy it again.
5. The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B. Cooney
I loved Caroline B. Cooney’s books when I was younger, especially The Face on the Milk Carton. I believe that I read the whole thing in one sitting the first time through and I even sought out the sequel.
4. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
2. Harriet the Spy by Louise Fitzhugh
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
The Harry Potter series has been a favorite of mine since I first picked up Sorcerer’s Stone in 7th grade. I would love to revisit this book (and maybe I will later in the year for a reread). Part of me wishes I could pick up this book with fresh eyes as if I’d never read it before so I could get swept into this world all over again.