Top 10 Unfinished Series

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is a freebie so I’ve decided to talk about last week’s theme. Top 10 Unfinished Series. I love series and trilogies, but often have to stop in the middle, or wait a while before finishing them. Here is my list of Top 10 Unfinished Series.

1. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo

shadow-and-bone_hi-res-677x1024This is actually a trilogy that I plan on finishing this fall as I already took books one and two out of the library. I read book one last year and am currently re-reading it before continuing.

2. The Madman’s Daughter trilogy by Megan Shepherd

MMD+final+cover+hi-resI read the first two books in this trilogy but haven’t been able to get book three out of the library.

3. Something Strange and Deadly trilogy by Susan Dennard

something strange & deadlyI hope to read the final book in the trilogy this fall.

4. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare

City_of_Bones

I’ve read all but the last book, but the details of them are so fuzzy that I have to re-read before I pick up the last book and I’m not sure I have the time for that.

5. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas

throne-of-glass-coverSo I splurged and bought the 4th book in this series. But shame on me I’ve had it for almost a week and haven’t read it yet! So this fall I will read Queen of Shadows and The Assassins Blade to be caught up with this series.

6. The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan

redjacket2_EV_20100113162340I read the first and started the 2nd book in this trilogy but really like the characters as much as I did in Riordan’s other books. I’m willing to give it a second shot though.

7. Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver

indexI enjoyed book one, but didn’t finish book two, so I don’t think I will finish this trilogy.

8. The Giver by Lois Lowry

51fRar1PvAL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_I love The Giver and really want to continue reading stories about this world Lois Lowry has created, I just haven’t gotten to it yet.

9. Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin

unbecoming_cover_200

The first two books were interesting, but not my favorite trilogy. And it’s been a while since I read them, so I’m kind of hesitant to pick up book three. But I do want to see what happens.

10. The Maze Runner by James Dashner

6186357I really enjoyed book one of this series (and the movie too), but for some reason never continued with the rest of the series.

21 thoughts on “Top 10 Unfinished Series

1. ufuoma says:

Love your Top Ten. I just got the Maze Runner series so will be reading that. Although I read book 1 before the movie. I prefer the book, there is soo much more in the book.
    2 series I would love to do are the Mortal Instruments and the Throne of glass. So will add that to my TBR.

• amandasnoseinabook@gmail.com says:

I need to reread the first Maze Runner book before continuing, but that was a series even my boyfriend enjoyed (and that says something because he’s usually not a fan of what I read).

Happy reading and I hope you enjoy Mortal Instruments and Throne of Glass!

2. Sarah @ The Reading Petal says:

I just finished The Madman’s Daughter recently. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it. I think I’ll still continue on with book two eventually. Did you prefer book two over book one?
    I also stopped at Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I was really upset by the ending and it put me off from finishing the series. 🙁

• amandasnoseinabook@gmail.com says:

I didn’t love The Madman’s Daughter, but I did enjoy it and the 2nd book was intriguing as well (a retelling of Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde). It might be worth a shot for you. The series isn’t so action packed as I really like the mood and tone of them.

Yeah. A lot of bloggers love Delirium, but it wasn’t my cup of tea.

• amandasnoseinabook@gmail.com says:

Throne of Glass was really fun. I loved the characters and how different they were from one another. Plus the premise is intriguing! Hope you enjoy it 🙂

3. Eena @ The Crazy Bookworm says:

This is such a great idea for a list. I have so many unfinished series myself and I always, always make a mental note of finishing them but somehow I never get around to it! Finished Maze Runner and Delirium though. I’ve been wanting to read Throne of Glass since forever and it’s nice to read more nice things about it! Definitely reading it when I get the chance!

4. Daniela says:

I so want to read the other series by Rick Riordan. Last year I’ve read the Percy Jackson series. More like devoured it.
    There are some interesting looking covers on your list and I have to check those books out, like something strange and deadly.

• amandasnoseinabook@gmail.com says:

Something Strange and Deadly was a lot of fun. Have you read the Heroes of Olympus series? Percy and crew make a comeback in those 🙂

5. Petra says:

Most of these are some of my all time favorites, so you have a lot of great books ahead of you. 😉 I need to continue on with the Something Strange and Deadly series, I can’t believe I’ve only read the first book so far. :/ Great list though. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my TTT earlier. 🙂

• amandasnoseinabook@gmail.com says:

Of course! Thank you for coming to visit my blog too, Petra. The Something Strange and Deadly series has been really fun so far, I hope you enjoy it!

• amandasnoseinabook@gmail.com says:

I’m loving it so far. About 100 pages in right now and am having a hard time putting it down to do other things, like work and eat. Oops.

6. Lucy says:

I recently bought Throne of Glass #1 – I was planning on binge-reading the series but haven’ got round to yet. Same goes for Mortal Instruments. I loved the Maze Runner film but it gave me some pretty weird nightmares! I reckon the books must be even more intense! Great list 🙂

• amandasnoseinabook@gmail.com says:

The book was really intense but I loved seeing the Grievers in the film– they were much different than I thought they would be (like you, I had some messed up dreams for a couple of nights!) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

• amandasnoseinabook@gmail.com says:

I’m almost finished with book 2 right now and am freaking out. I’m so afraid to see what is going to happen in the end of this book and in book 3. I swear if Leigh Bardugo kills Mal I will cry real, ugly tears.

7. Brandi @ Brandi Janee's Bookshelf says:

I haven’t started most of these series. When I read The Giver I loved it and didn’t realize it was a series until years later, so I would like to reread it and finish the series. There are a few other series you listed that I want to start but The Madman’s Daughter sounds really interesting.

8. Katie @ Stories & Snapshots says:

Awesome post, and some great trilogies! If you have the time I would definitely give The Giver a try – one of my all-time favorites! I also loved the Mortal Instruments, although I agree that towards the end of the series details tended to get fuzzy.