I was silly and missed Top Ten Tuesday this week. But since it’s New Year’s Eve I thought I would do it anyway.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to us by The Broke and the Bookish! For this week’s topic I’m talking about my Top 10 Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2016 (woah that’s a mouthful!) But really— have you checked out what books are coming out in the first half of 2016 alone?!? There’s a ton of them, and so many that look fantastic.
Here’s what books I’m most looking forward to!
10. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken- To Be Released January 5, 2016
Not only is this book going to be released within the first couple of days of 2016, it’s one of my most anticipated of the year. I’m not sure how I’ve never read anything by Alexandra Bracken, but this book involves time travel, so I’m sure I’ll love it and read all of her other books this year.
9. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard- to be released January 5, 2016
I’ve read the first couple of chapters of this book and have been so impatient waiting for it! This is definitely one I will be reading soon!
8. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab- To be released June 7, 2016
I read her novel (written as V.E. Schwab) A Darker Shade of Magic in 2015 and loved her writing style. The concept of this novel looks thrilling and I’m really impatient about getting my hands on this one.
7. Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira- to be released January 12, 2016
This book is about a girl who loves YA books so much that she looks to them for all sorts of advice about her life. I’m so excited for this cute contemporary read this year.
6. Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan- to be released April 5, 2016
I’ve never read anything by Sarah Rees Brennan, but I’ve heard loads of good things and the concept behind this book has me so excited– magic, secrets, and doppelgangers. Count me in please!
5. The Shadow Queen by C.J. Redwine- to be released February 16, 2016
A retelling of Snow White, this book looks to be full of adventure and surprises, with an awesome heroine to boot!
4. The Last Star by Rick Yancey (The 5th Wave #3)- to be released May 24, 2016
I have yet to read The Infinite Sea, but it’s on my TBR for the first half of the year so that I can read The Last Star when it comes out.
3. Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake- to be released January 5, 2016
This is the first book in Drake’s Library Jumpers series. A book about books and libraries? Count me in!
2. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater- to be released April 26, 2016
This is the final installment in her Raven Cycle series and I’m so excited to see what happens, and to experience the magic and mystery that has kept me hooked on these books one last time.
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas- to be released May 3, 2016
The second installment in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series has been on my mind since I finished the first book! And since it comes out only two days after my birthday, I’m going to consider it an awesome birthday present!